Thanks to Mark Jones for this photo.
Other features on the new state-of-the-art coaches:
- The vehicles have automated Next Stop announcements now, both audio and visual.
- They are quieter than the existing ones, and have deeper, more padded seats
- The plug sockets also have USB sockets on them
- The WiFi is 4G - the first buses with it in the UK
- There are seventeen CCTV cameras that record 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- The driver can now receive text messages, and send them too via a small tablet
- There is more luggage space inside.
- The Wheelchair space is at the rear of the bus, the 2 seats can be removed.
Mark Jones has very kindly sent in some pictures of the new coaches at the launch event.
All twenty six coaches were not all in England by the launch on the 16th of July but Van Hool close in about a month for a fortnight so it is hoped the rest of the batch will arrive before then.
Many thanks go to Mark Jones for allowing us to use his images in this post and for sullying us with information about the coaches.